How to make
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add half of the heavy cream (2 cups) and powdered Allulose Sweetener. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Wait until the mixture is thick, coats the back of a spoon, and volume is reduced by half. It will also pull away from the pan as you tilt it.
- Pour into a large bowl and allow to cool to room temperature. Stir in the vanilla extract. If you’re using vanilla bean seeds, stir those in as well.
- Whisk in the MCT oil or MCT oil powder if using. Note: This is optional if you have an ice cream maker, but highly recommended for texture if you don’t.
- Whisk the remaining 2 cups (473 mL) heavy cream into the sweet mixture in the bowl, until smooth.
- For optimal results— and more delicious-tasting ice cream— chill the mixture in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight. Remember: The texture of the ice cream will be better if you chill it.
- Top off with some chocolate syrup, Xylitol Honey, or fruit. Enjoy!
Sugar-Free Ice Cream (Keto)
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 4 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1/3 Cup Powdered Allulose Sweetener
- 1/4 cup Xylitol Confection Sweetener
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Medium Vanilla Bean, with Seeds Scraped (Optional)