Fall’s Delight: A Tasty Sugar Free Apple Pie Recipe
While a healthy diet limits the amount of sweets we get to enjoy, if there’s a will there’s always a way to enjoy our holiday favorites. The Fall brings to mind the absolute best in treats and luckily, with just a little help from our Sugarless sugar substitute, we can enjoy the best the season has to offer. With our sugarless apple pie, the taste will be the same while the health benefits will be spectacular.
Here’s our top recipe on how to make your own Sugarless Apple Pie:
1 cup of Sugarless
¼ cup of corn starch
6 cups of peeled and sliced apples
About 9 inches of Pastry (for crust)
1 tsp of cinnamon
1 tbsp of butter or butter substitute
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a sauce pan whisk together corn starch, cinnamon, and then fold in apples. Cook for about ten minutes on a simmer.
- Line pie crust across the bottom of pie plate. Be careful to pinch the ends down.
- Pour in apple mixture.
- Criss cross pastry strips over the top of pie until covered. Take care to line up the strips of pastry dough evenly. If covering the whole top of the pie crimp the edges and make slits along the pie’s surface.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees or until the crust becomes brown.
Enjoy the most popular healthy treat this Fall and be sure to ask your friends “if there’s anything missing” when you share it with them. We guarantee they won’t be able to tell that it’s sugar free!