How to make
- Preheat the oven to 325º F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg whites and salt until frothy, about 1-2 minutes.
- Gradually add in the baking sweetener, while continuing to beat the mixture.
- Gradually add in the instant coffee, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract while continuing to beat the mixture.
- Use a spatula to hand mix in the shredded coconut.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking bat or parchment paper. Use a cookie scoop and your hands to form mounds, place the mounds of the baking sheet, about 1 inch apart. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the macaroons feel firm on the outside to the touch.
- Allow the macaroons to cool for 10 minutes before removing them from the pan. Allow them to cool completely. Optional, dip the bottoms in chocolate (like melted chocolate candiquik or melted candy melts). 8.Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Espresso Chocolate Macaroons
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp coco powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ cup Health Garden Baking Sweetener
- 1 tsp water
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 3 cups shredded coconut